BonnevilleAmerica.com | Forums Home | Photopost Archive | AUP | Disclaimer

General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
FriarJohnAdministrator
"Lighten up, Francis."

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: East Helena, Montana
Re: Yeah I know bucket of worms !! [Re: FriarJohn]
      #376406 - 03/01/09 05:01 PM

Anyone think they'll cancel the America and/or Speedmaster if the Thunderbird sells?

--------------------
BA.com Caretaker | Friarsride | jb.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
roadworthy
Should be Riding

Reged: 08/29/07
Loc: St Louis MO
      #376407 - 03/01/09 05:04 PM

Nah, it will be the closest thing they have to a "starter bike" then, at least in cruiser form.

--------------------
Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck. Then pretend to be someone else.

Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
      #376409 - 03/01/09 05:11 PM

Nah! They won't cancel the BAs and Speedies, John! Nope! No way!!!

Though I wouldn't put it past 'em to do somethin' EVEN MORE "insidious" in the future!

(...like maybe cuttin' the FINS off of 'em!!!)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

oldroadie
Worn Saddle

Reged: 05/05/07
Loc: Alabama USA
      #376410 - 03/01/09 05:18 PM

Quote:

All that bike needs is different turn signals and a side mount bracket for the license plate. Clean up that tail.

Oh, it also needs my butt in the saddle...

I sat in for you:

and got this for Dwight:

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Dwight
Fe Butt

Re: Yeah I know bucket of worms !! [Re: oldroadie]
      #376412 - 03/01/09 05:31 PM

Quote:

...and got this for Dwight:

Thanks Ed!

Okay, and now, Ed-DY!(as in, "FAST eddy"): Ya see this one photo here of this otherwise great lookin' motorcycle? Well, get to work on those bolt on "you-know-whats" that we've been talkin' about, so those cylinder barrels don't look so, so...slab-sided, and well, rather boring, OKAY?!

(I mean, why let this very nice photo which Ed(the other Ed, once again) posted go to no use, RIGHT?!)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

Dwight
Fe Butt

#376414 - 03/01/09 05:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All that bike needs is different turn signals and a side mount bracket for the license plate. Clean up that tail.

I sat in for you:

BTW Ed(Turner, that is)...where and when did this "proxy sitting" for the good Friar take place???

--------------------

TxSpeedster
Adjunct

Reged: 01/03/09
Loc: Texas; Deepintheheartof.
Re: Yeah I know bucket of worms !! [Re: The_Dog33]
      #376442 - 03/01/09 10:08 PM

Well since the HydraBird is a done deal, I hope Triumph does well with it. But if I ever happen across a bottled genie...

Quote:

Wish they had an air cooled version with fins.

There would be the stock T-Bird for RUBBs* and the new air cooled America Baseline, with restyled head and barrels, that weighed in at well under 600lbs for the rest of us. Of course that is assuming a third wish as the first two are spoken for.

*RUBBs - Saw this in the T-Bird comments at CW and laughed my a$$ off: Rich Urban British Bikers... "Look for Tim Allen and John Travolta to ride Thunderbirds as they reprise their roles in the upcoming sequel; Wild Rats."

--------------------
2018 FLHCS

2014 Surly Straggler - 16,000 miles and counting!

TxSpeedster
Adjunct

Reged: 01/03/09
Loc: Texas; Deepintheheartof.
      #376443 - 03/01/09 11:06 PM

I just noticed this...

Quote:

Ed, (or anyone who has seen the T-Bird in person), are the barrels actually cast INTO the engine case???

--------------------
2018 FLHCS

2014 Surly Straggler - 16,000 miles and counting!

oldroadie
Worn Saddle

Reged: 05/05/07
Loc: Alabama USA
Re: Yeah I know bucket of worms !! [Re: Dwight]
      #376453 - 03/02/09 05:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I sat in for you:

BTW Ed(Turner, that is)...where and when did this "proxy sitting" for the good Friar take place???

Feb. 28th in Daytona at the Triumph factory show truck/tent outside the speedway. I took advantage of the timing and delivered my nephew's 19th birthday present to his dad's house in Debary (that lucky kid got a 2001 Bonneville to learn how to ride properly...) and my brothers joined me in a lap around the speedway to look at the goods.

The good stuff: the new Indians are spectacular, lots of retro Indian color and trim schemes and a well balanced bike to sit upon (drool). OCC had a very nice bobber the attendant called a "Senior Special" that's meant to be a $22k production item. I immediately wanted one; it, too, was very well balanced. The Bourget's are exactly what you see in print, it's a bike for a certain rider and not for me. A small bike builder, Bill Farmer of USA Choppers, had a series of very simple but nice bobbers on display and his entry price of $12k blew away the competition.

The T-Bird was pretty well balanced but it did feel heavy, kind of like a Road King when it's parked, but the rider ergonomics where spot on for my 5'10" fat frame. I really liked the blue bike, it had lots of aftermarket bling that made it very hot-roddy while the black one was set for touring and the silver was just a plain jane base model. I gotta ride one to be sure but I'm thinking that the T-Bird's the one I'm looking for.

We sat on lots of bikes, rode none and were very curious why Honda's display was still under construction on opening day...not one Honda in evidence. Pretty odd for the dominant company don't you think?

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

piper1
Oil Expert

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Knivsta, Sweden
      #376454 - 03/02/09 05:02 AM

Quote:

I sat in for you:

And the verdict?

--------------------
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2566

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage