Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Re: The new engines [Re: Peter_AU]
      #658380 - 05/23/16 03:59 PM

Quote:

The salesman I spoke to thought they would be the 1200, but then he thought they were double overhead cam until I told him otherwise, still didn't believe me until he looked it up on his computer.

Yeah, that's your average vehicle salesperson alright, Peter. Trust me, it's same over here too! Ask 'em about some technical aspect to the product they're sellin', and they'll have NO freakin' idea at all!!!

And yep, the lads in Hinckley designed the latest Triumph Twin engines using a SINGLE OHC in efforts to keep the engine as low and compact up on top as possible.

(...and yep, they succeeded in making one beautiful engine...THAT NEVER LOOKED LIKE A FREAKIN' HONDA!!!!)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
The_Dog33
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/01/07
Loc: NE PA USA
Re: The new engines [Re: Dwight]
      #658385 - 05/23/16 05:10 PM

Never said the engines looked like a Honda, did say the Tbird engine did.

--------------------
I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
some shots of our bikes

Dwight
Fe Butt

Re: The new engines [Re: The_Dog33]
      #658387 - 05/23/16 05:33 PM

Well, seein' as how we seem to be talkin' directly again here Ian...yep, you DID!

Here's your EXACT quote AFTER you saw a spy photo of these bikes just before production began on 'em...

Quote:"As a whole kinds looks like a Honda to me. I would not be a buyer at all. The direction Triumph is going makes HD look like a place I may be shopping for my next bike. Probably not, probably more likely back to old Triumphs."

Your quote was in this thread:
http://www.bonnevilleamerica.com/forums/...2&fpart=all

And the pre-production models looked almost EXACTLY like what's hittin' the showrooms now!!!

(...and of course because I "challenged" your opinion in my typical smartassed BUT to-the-point manner inclusive of examples in efforts to help you see my point, you took it badly and so we got into ANOTHER one of these little tiffs we've had over these many years)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

BillyIndiana
3/4 Throttle

Reged: 09/29/15
Loc: Lafayette, Indiana USA
      #658391 - 05/23/16 07:56 PM

Feelin the love.

--------------------
Road Rash Heals. Freckles Grow Back. Ride

Dwight
Fe Butt

Re: The new engines [Re: BillyIndiana]
      #658393 - 05/23/16 08:07 PM

Quote:

Feelin the love.

(...well, you're still kind'a new around here, Billy)

--------------------

The_Dog33
Fe Butt

#658397 - 05/24/16 11:05 AM

Yes,as a whole, meaning the over all look of the bike, not the engine.

--------------------
I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
some shots of our bikes

Dwight
Fe Butt

#658400 - 05/24/16 02:17 PM

Quote:

Yes,as a whole, meaning the over all look of the bike, not the engine.

Well, once again I find it very "funny" that EVERY motorcycle magazine article I've read about these new machines, AND every Joe Blow out there with any knowledge of motorcycles and the history of them I've run across has stated that the people in Hinckley have NEVER before come out with machines, the WHOLE of the machines, that harks back so completely to the Meriden Triumphs of old

(...but then here we go again...sorry I brought it up)

--------------------

The_Dog33
Fe Butt

#658406 - 05/24/16 05:25 PM

Here we go with the insults again, that is why I have not been talking directly with you,when someone disagrees with you you jump right to the insults. I have extensive knowledge of motorcycles and a large collection of Triumphs and used to restore them for people and myself so I might have a little knowledge of what they look like. I know a lot of people who agree with my point of view but in the end it is subjective and I wouldn't insult you by saying it is your knowledge that is lacking.

--------------------
some shots of our bikes

Dwight
Fe Butt

#658418 - 05/25/16 08:06 AM

Once AGAIN, there were NO FREAKIN' "INSULTS" IN WHAT I SAID TO YA HERE!!! DID I CALL YOU SOME FREAKIN' NAME OR SOMETHIN'???? NOOOOOO, I DIDN'T!!!!

ALL I pretty much said was that YOUR opinion seems to be in the MINORITY here, THAT'S all, and I gave you examples of WHY that was.

(...and I'd sure like to know who these "a lot of people" are who you say agree with you about this?...'cause while it seems even though this website IS geared to people who like cruisers and wish Triumph would place this new engine in one, almost EVERY post I've read from the guys around here seem to say THEY think these new Triumphs not ONLY look GREAT, but "look like a Triumph" TOO, and NOT A "Honda"...and THEY'RE pretty damn knowledgable about this kind of stuff TOO, ya know!!!)

--------------------

The_Dog33
Fe Butt

#658422 - 05/25/16 10:22 AM

Quote:

every Joe Blow out there with any knowledge of motorcycles and the history of them I've run across has stated that the people in Hinckley have NEVER before come out with machines, the WHOLE of the machines, that harks back so completely to the Meriden Triumphs of old

(...but then here we go again...sorry I brought it up)

I took this as an insult hinting at my lack of knowledge about old Triumphs.

--------------------
some shots of our bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4937

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage