BonnevilleAmerica.com | Forums Home | Photopost Archive | AUP | Disclaimer

General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)
findlay13
Loquacious

Reged: 06/25/09
Loc: Australia
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: PES]
      #663528 - 12/31/16 10:49 PM

Oh boy! '18 0r '19.I gotta hang around and wait MORE time! Oh well I hope I'm still above ground and riding by then.

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Alatamoc
Learned Hand

Reged: 06/17/10
Loc: Tunbridge Wells. Kent U.K.
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: findlay13]
      #663530 - 01/01/17 03:27 AM

Don't they realise that their customer base is ageing?....some of us would like to ride one before we're riding our walking frames

--------------------
I took the Road Less Travelled.
Now where the ****** am I?

Funkletrumpet
Loquacious

Reged: 06/27/07
Loc: Northamptonshire, England
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: PES]
      #663531 - 01/01/17 03:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Gentlemen, and ladies. I believe the chances of a new Speedy or America are very slim. A 1200/900 Speedy would kill sales of the Bobber. Here's a video some may enjoy, some may not.

Bob

My son got a new Speed Triple today. While at the dealer this afternoon of course I asked about the Speedy and America. This sales guy said they are doing a complete makeover of them and they won't be out until 2018 or '19. Just thought I'd add another rumor to the mill.

With all the changes needed to existing bikes in their lines for the Euro 4 cobblers, Triumph (and other manufacturers) couldn't possibly do them all at once.
Yeah, they've known for a while it was coming in but developing these things takes years.

So, it makes sense that any new models (necessary to jump onto the various bandwagons in a timely manner) and only good selling current models (which are staying) get priority.

Rather than getting excited about a possible 1200cc America or Speedy, I want to see a factory 2.5+ litre R3

--------------------
"You can't believe everything you read on the internet" : William Shakespeare

1985 Kawasaki GT750
2007 FLHTCU

findlay13
Loquacious

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Funkletrumpet]
      #663532 - 01/01/17 04:07 AM

True but with a 1200 BA/speedy, they have a compliant engine already in the T120. I know it's not just bolt in but I wouldn't have thought it'd take that much re-engineering to put it in a cruiser.Or for that matter re-engineering of the Bobber to cruiser form.But what would I know?

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Funkletrumpet
Loquacious

#663534 - 01/01/17 05:35 AM

Quote:

True but with a 1200 BA/speedy, they have a compliant engine already in the T120. I know it's not just bolt in but I wouldn't have thought it'd take that much re-engineering to put it in a cruiser.Or for that matter re-engineering of the Bobber to cruiser form.But what would I know?

Maybe it wouldn't take all that much but no doubt if it is coming, its got to take it's turn in line.

Taking engineers off new bikes to re-engineer a bike that doesn't sell in the numbers they want it to anyway simply isn't going to happen.

There is already another new bike (in the variation of the 'Street' group) coming on January 10th and in careers, there are lots of positions - a few in development, so the queue infront of the mythical 1200 cruiser is shortening.
Ooh, ooh - they could call it the Street Unicorn !!

--------------------

1985 Kawasaki GT750
2007 FLHTCU

mikemm03
Saddle Sore

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Tennessee
      #663535 - 01/01/17 08:18 AM

Maybe it wouldn't take all that much but no doubt if it is coming, its got to take it's turn in line.

Taking engineers off new bikes to re-engineer a bike that doesn't sell in the numbers they want it to anyway simply isn't going to happen.

There is already another new bike (in the variation of the 'Street' group) coming on January 10th and in careers, there are lots of positions - a few in development, so the queue infront of the mythical 1200 cruiser is shortening.
Ooh, ooh - they could call it the Street Unicorn !!

I beleive the 10th launch is a Triple not a twin.
Triumph has a Street Twin, Cup, A Scrambler, two T100, two T120's and the Bobber. Basically they have "twined it out" The only real option at this point in my opinion for the Twin is a Cruiser. Might happen, might not but I cant' see another variant for the twin.

--------------------
It's not speeding till you get pulled over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqa1s4jhkQ8

Funkletrumpet
Loquacious

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: mikemm03]
      #663536 - 01/01/17 09:07 AM

True, what I was getting at was (whether twins or triples), they can only re-do so many new models or model makeovers at a time and they will concentrate on new models or model makeovers on models that sell well.

Triumph would be missing a trick if they DIDN'T do a 1200 cruiser, thats for sure.

--------------------

1985 Kawasaki GT750
2007 FLHTCU

Ryk
Check Pants

Reged: 05/19/10
Loc: Pac. NW
      #663537 - 01/01/17 10:59 AM

If Triumph would upgrade the Spdy/Am line, perhaps it wouldn't be such a slow seller? I'm fine if they quit making /discontinue both bikes, can you say instant collector status?

findlay13
Loquacious

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Ryk]
      #663542 - 01/01/17 04:23 PM

I suppose without upgrading the cruisers,they're making plenty of profit ATM so as has been said,maybe they'll get to the America/speedy line,maybe not.I hope they do.

Anyway,I love my bike.

tinmantwo
Adjunct

Reged: 01/12/14
Loc: Michigan, Macomb Co.
      #663550 - 01/02/17 04:40 AM

It is really hard for a brand to break our of it's nitch. A Triumph Cruiser still doesn't resonate in the biker world. You say Triumph and people think Bonneville or maybe Speed Triple, not cruiser. Much like every time Harley brings out a "performance"model, it bombs. Say Harley and people think Bagger, not performance. It looks like Ducati is making head way with expanding it's line up, but it's a slow process. Triumph with the big Rocket made a splash, but that excitement has died down already. I'm pretty sure a new cruiser will be brought forward sometime, no one can afford to ignore that market, but it will be hard to be more than a bit player. I like having something a bit different and a 1200 America would appeal to me.

--------------------
Tin Man 2

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 27271

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage