General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
NIbiker
Learned Hand

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: N Ireland
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: PES]
      #671701 - 12/31/17 07:20 AM

I'm trying not to like the new Goldwing. but I do.
Price is to high though.

I remember spectating at the IOM TT a few years ago and one of the Honda team did a lap on an F6C with straight pipes on it. that thing was shifting.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Greybeard
Old Hand

Loc: Charming Clovis NM
      #671771 - 01/04/18 01:38 PM

Too much gadgetry for me. I do like that they are using pre-'49 Triumph / Indian style girder fork design. Never did like the tall seating on a lead wing.

--------------------
Let's hope there's intelligent life somewhere in space 'cause it's buggar all down here. -- Monte Python

Speedmaster05
Loquacious

Reged: 04/23/06
Loc: NJ USA
      #671775 - 01/05/18 04:40 AM

If I was going to consider the GW I'd more likely wait for the new BMW K1600 Grand America. Just my 2 cents.
BEEMER

--------------------
Kevin - Luceo Non Uro

mikemm03
Saddle Sore

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Tennessee
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: Speedmaster05]
      #671776 - 01/05/18 06:11 AM

I visited the local Beemer dealer in November.They had a 1600B on the floor. I was a bit underwhelmed.
Lifting that bike off the stand is a chore, the front end felt very heavy. The bags are small, the exhaust tips are massive, volleyball size. The overall appearance was just, meh.

I really liked the r1200rt and had a nice demo with the rep. What a finely crafted machine. I would give this bike serious consideration but I'm put off by the many discussions of high maintenance cost / accessories costs and the rep who owns one stated the tire life on the rear is 5-6k.

--------------------
It's not speeding till you get pulled over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqa1s4jhkQ8

satxron
Monkey Butt

Reged: 01/16/06
Loc: TX
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: mikemm03]
      #671779 - 01/05/18 05:31 PM

I like the F6B.

--------------------
I try to aggravate one person a day. Today may be your day.

ladisney
Monkey Butt

Reged: 01/12/05
Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: Dwight]
      #671781 - 01/05/18 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If I were going to drive a car with less than 4 wheels, I think I would go with a Morgan. I'd have more fun and maybe pay less.

Not a NEW Morgan three-wheeler you wouldn't, GB. "Pay less" that is.

Guess you don't know those suckers have a BASE price of over $50,000US, eh?!

And, there's no way in hell ANYONE can option out a Goldwing with all the bells and whistles they'd ever want for more than $35K.

Heck, even one of the classic Morgan three-wheelers or a nice used example of the newer ones are goin' for well over $40K.

And personally because you don't lean a three-wheeler over in turns like you do a motorcycle, and yep EVEN a big ass motorcycle like a Goldwing, I don't see how anyone could have "more fun" in one of those.

(...and besides, my Beck Replica Porsche 550 Spyder would run RINGS around and is a HECK of a lot more fun to throw around in the twisty stuff than any three-wheeler out there, and let alone it being a heck of a lot more stable while doing it...and which I might add, one can find a nice used one for around $30K, and which btw weigh just about as little as one of those Morgans, 550kg, and has just about twice the BHP to boot...now THAT'S "fun")

Yeah, but the Morgan is just about the coolest thing on the road.

https://www.morgancars-usa.com/morgan-ev3

--------------------
We know that old boy didn't actually steal any horses, but he's obviously guilty of trying to avoid being hanged for it.

Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: ladisney]
      #671782 - 01/05/18 09:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If I were going to drive a car with less than 4 wheels, I think I would go with a Morgan. I'd have more fun and maybe pay less.

Not a NEW Morgan three-wheeler you wouldn't, GB. "Pay less" that is.

Guess you don't know those suckers have a BASE price of over $50,000US, eh?!

And, there's no way in hell ANYONE can option out a Goldwing with all the bells and whistles they'd ever want for more than $35K.

Heck, even one of the classic Morgan three-wheelers or a nice used example of the newer ones are goin' for well over $40K.

And personally because you don't lean a three-wheeler over in turns like you do a motorcycle, and yep EVEN a big ass motorcycle like a Goldwing, I don't see how anyone could have "more fun" in one of those.

(...and besides, my Beck Replica Porsche 550 Spyder would run RINGS around and is a HECK of a lot more fun to throw around in the twisty stuff than any three-wheeler out there, and let alone it being a heck of a lot more stable while doing it...and which I might add, one can find a nice used one for around $30K, and which btw weigh just about as little as one of those Morgans, 550kg, and has just about twice the BHP to boot...now THAT'S "fun")

Yeah, but the Morgan is just about the coolest thing on the road.

https://www.morgancars-usa.com/morgan-ev3

Yes, I suppose they are cool, in a retro and almost "odd" sort'a way, Larry.

BUT and once again because you don't lean a three-wheeler into turns like you do a motorcycle, AND because Morgans are NOT the kind of three-wheeler in which your "knees are in the wind" because you sit IN one like you'd do in any open cockpit car, IF you're looking for something "cool" to ride around IN and not ON, I SAY not ONLY is my 550 Spyder even "COOLER" than any Morgan, but I'll BETCHA if you'd park a Morgan next to my Spyder anywhere, a hell of a lot more people would walk up and admire my Spyder and tell me that IT was "cool", AND which they DO every time I park it somewhere and/or stop to fill its gas tank, than they would the Morgan...and which I'll also bet they'd think was more "odd" than "cool".

And, once again to say nothing about my Spyder handling better and being more powerful. AND, once again not to mention it costing LESS than the "odd" but I suppose "cool" looking Morgan.

Yep, once again I'll state that PERSONALLY I don't and have never seen ANY advantage a Morgan Three-wheeler would have over a small, powerful, great handling and beautifully classic styled open cockpit sports/race car, and other than the idea that the likelihood of seeing another Morgan three-wheeler out there on the road while you're DRIVING and not RIDING one MIGHT, and I say MIGHT here, be even less than seeing another Beck 550 Spyder out there...maybe.

(...okay, and now where WERE we in this thread?...OH yeah...the latest Honda Goldwing, and which I understand is a whole 90 lbs LIGHTER--and which is always a GOOD thing--than the previous model, and yeah I ALSO like that it has that inherently anti-dive modern take on the classic girder front end TOO, and which of course BMW has used on many of their motorcycles for years now...BUT, and with this being said, I'm STILL hot as hell for the Indian Springfield, and which admittedly doesn't have all the bells and whistles that this latest Goldwing has and which I understand is close to being the same weight as the Honda, but which I would guess still would be pretty damn good for taking a thousand mile or more trip on anyway...and besides, I THINK the Indian Springfield is just about the "coolest" lookin' retro-styled MOTORCYCLE out there today...THAT of course you sit ON and RIDE around ON, and not IN and DRIVE around IN!)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

moeAdministrator
Should be Riding

Loc: Merritt Island, Fl
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: Dwight]
      #672261 - 02/09/18 06:20 AM

Quote:

I'll BETCHA if you'd park a Morgan next to my Spyder anywhere, a hell of a lot more people would walk up and admire my Spyder and tell me that IT was "cool",

Spider envy?

--------------------
Blowing gravel off rural roads

tinmantwo
Adjunct

Reged: 01/12/14
Loc: Michigan, Macomb Co.
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: moe]
      #672265 - 02/09/18 11:30 AM

The Morgan is about the "coolist" vehicle out there. IMHO. But then again I'm more a Cruiser kind of old guy. I do know at the annual Battle of the Brits English show the Morgan is very much admired. I'm pretty sure my brothers new 3 cylinder Spyder would run off and hide from the Morgan, but it's not my cupa tea.

--------------------
Tin Man 2

BillyIndiana
3/4 Throttle

Reged: 09/29/15
Loc: Lafayette, Indiana USA
Re: 2018 Gold Wing [Re: tinmantwo]
      #672268 - 02/09/18 05:00 PM

You know this is a really good commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sdm2k3vMw

--------------------
Road Rash Heals. Freckles Grow Back. Ride

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2789

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage