General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1
findlay13
Loquacious

Reged: 06/25/09
Loc: Australia
New 1.200 and 900
      #657043 - 03/19/16 03:06 AM

I went and saw the 1,200 bonneville black and 900 speed.I reckon an America or Speedy with that engine would be great.
Come on!GET IT TOGETHER TRIUMPH!
Even with my bum knee I could sit on the 1,200 and reach the peg,but not the 900.I don't know how many miles I could ride in that position but at least I could reach the footbrake.
They must get decent milage because that's a small tank the 1200 has.

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
arstaren
Worn Saddle

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Southeast ,Iowa, USA
Re: New 1.200 and 900 [Re: findlay13]
      #657045 - 03/19/16 03:36 PM

Crap! Small tanks suck! I was hoping for a cruiser with some distance ability for my future bike!

--------------------
Fidelis et Fortis

Alatamoc
Learned Hand

Reged: 06/17/10
Loc: Tunbridge Wells. Kent U.K.
Re: New 1.200 and 900 [Re: arstaren]
      #657046 - 03/19/16 03:41 PM

Coincidence? One of my friends has a 900...he likes it, so good luck to him, but for me it's just choc full of plastic....and it doesn't sound great... Roll on the TBA version.
Al

--------------------
I took the Road Less Travelled.
Now where the ****** am I?

findlay13
Loquacious

Reged: 06/25/09
Loc: Australia
Re: New 1.200 and 900 [Re: Alatamoc]
      #657050 - 03/19/16 06:29 PM

Yes! that 1,200 engine in a cruiser! LISTEN UP TRIUMPH!
Make it like a 1,200 cc TBA or Speedy and not like a mini-T-bird.

People have wanted and fantasized about a 1,000-1,200 TBA/Speedy for years.Why wont Triumph listen?

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

tinmantwo
Adjunct

Reged: 01/12/14
Loc: Michigan, Macomb Co.
Re: New 1.200 and 900 [Re: findlay13]
      #657058 - 03/20/16 05:28 AM

I think Triumph will eventually put the bigger engine in a Cruiser, as long as they continue to make a cruiser. I,m sure the sales of their cruiser line have been disappointing while the rest of their line is doing pretty well. The competition for cruiser sales is intense with Indian and even Ducati getting into the game. Lets face it when people think Triumph it's Bonneville and Speed Triple that come to mind. Even now when a guy see's my America it gets the "I didn't ever see one of those before"conversations.

--------------------
Tin Man 2

mikemm03
Saddle Sore

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Tennessee
Re: New 1.200 and 900 [Re: arstaren]
      #657061 - 03/20/16 06:50 AM

Quote:

Crap! Small tanks suck! I was hoping for a cruiser with some distance ability for my future bike!

Triumph is suggesting 55/70 mpg. 3.2 gallon tank. If those numbers are correct, and early reports say they are highway travel could put you at 150-175 miles before needing fuel.
I've ridden this bike, it's an entry level bike so fancy doodads do not come on this model.

Don't let this "little" 900 with 55 hp fool you. This bike is very quick and handles like a dream. With the 270 degree mill I thought it had the best sounding exhaust note for any stock Triumph Twin I've every heard.
Looking forward to testing the 1200 Bonnie when it hit's the dealers. If the 1200 is that much faster than the 900 it will be impressive.

--------------------
It's not speeding till you get pulled over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqa1s4jhkQ8

Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Re: New 1.200 and 900 [Re: tinmantwo]
      #657079 - 03/21/16 06:31 PM

Quote:

I think Triumph will eventually put the bigger engine in a Cruiser, as long as they continue to make a cruiser. I,m sure the sales of their cruiser line have been disappointing while the rest of their line is doing pretty well. The competition for cruiser sales is intense with Indian and even Ducati getting into the game. Lets face it when people think Triumph it's Bonneville and Speed Triple that come to mind. Even now when a guy see's my America it gets the "I didn't ever see one of those before"conversations.

Yep, in total agreement with ya here, Dennis.

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2129

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage