BonnevilleAmerica.com | Forums Home | Photopost Archive | AUP | Disclaimer

General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)
Speedmaster05
Loquacious

Reged: 04/23/06
Loc: NJ USA
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Dwight]
      #663370 - 12/26/16 05:42 AM

In all fairness, I've seen guys on most major brands of bikes - especially cruisers - that don't ride well. That includes Triumph.
You just notice it more with HD riders as there are so many of them.
The first time I rode with my Indian motorcycle crew, I realized that just because someone has a $25K motorcycle, a long gray beard, tattoos and a leather vest doesn't mean they know how to ride that motorcycle - regardless of how long they've been riding.

--------------------
Kevin - Luceo Non Uro

Edited by Speedmaster05 (12/26/16 05:45 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Speedmaster05]
      #663371 - 12/26/16 07:51 AM

Quote:

In all fairness, I've seen guys on most major brands of bikes - especially cruisers - that don't ride well. That includes Triumph.
The first time I rode with my Indian motorcycle crew, I realized that just because someone has a $25K motorcycle, a long gray beard, tattoos and a leather vest doesn't mean they know how to ride that motorcycle - regardless of how long they've been riding.

There's a whole lot of truth in this statement, Kevin.

(...btw, and speaking of Indian motorcycles...I sure do love the looks of their new Springfield...especially the less raked-out front end and which I've read makes 'em handle fairly well on those aforementioned curvy roads, and especially for a big comfortable and cool lookin' motorcycle)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

Bedouin
Loquacious

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Athens, Greece.
      #663373 - 12/26/16 09:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

(...btw, and speaking of Indian motorcycles...I sure do love the looks of their new Springfield...especially the less raked-out front end and which I've read makes 'em handle fairly well on those aforementioned curvy roads, and especially for a big comfortable and cool lookin' motorcycle)

Dwight, you gotta keep an eye on this Kevin fella ... he secretly works for the Polaris group.
He's gonna pound you to buy a Springfield now you've said that.

Happy holidays guys.

--------------------
Bedouin.
Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).

tinmantwo
Adjunct

Reged: 01/12/14
Loc: Michigan, Macomb Co.
      #663374 - 12/26/16 09:34 AM

Sorry guys but I sure don't consider my old B/A a "handling"bike. I nice bike to ride but the rake is way to much for sporting riding. It is what it is, a slow cruiser just as it was designed to be. You may be passing the Harley guys on the twisties but that ain't saying much. No bike is good at every thing, some are hot rods, others are tour bikes and most are cruisers, it's all good.

--------------------
Tin Man 2

Speedmaster05
Loquacious

Reged: 04/23/06
Loc: NJ USA
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Bedouin]
      #663375 - 12/26/16 10:08 AM

Quote:

Dwight, you gotta keep an eye on this Kevin fella ... he secretly works for the Polaris group.

Happy holidays guys.

Man, let me know when my commission check is in the mail. It's way overdue! lol

--------------------
Kevin - Luceo Non Uro

Alatamoc
Learned Hand

Reged: 06/17/10
Loc: Tunbridge Wells. Kent U.K.
      #663376 - 12/26/16 10:08 AM

Agreed......over here the Harley is a big seller to the recently retired......who often haven't ridden a bike for many years.
I also know it's a lot easier to throw my TBA about than it is to try the same on my Switchback......

--------------------
I took the Road Less Travelled.
Now where the ****** am I?

Bedouin
Loquacious

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Athens, Greece.
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Speedmaster05]
      #663377 - 12/26/16 12:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Happy holidays guys.

Man, let me know when my commission check is in the mail. It's way overdue! lol

Since I have known for quite some time Kevin, I have been intercepting your cheques all along. Thank you.

--------------------
Bedouin.
Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).

Dwight
Fe Butt

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Bedouin]
      #663378 - 12/26/16 04:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Happy holidays guys.

Well T-Man, if Kevin can talk Judie into lettin' me get another motorcycle, and now days preferably that beautiful Indian Springfield, I'd write him a separate check for his services right this very instant!

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

Dwight
Fe Butt

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: tinmantwo]
      #663379 - 12/26/16 04:48 PM

Quote:

Sorry guys but I sure don't consider my old B/A a "handling"bike. I nice bike to ride but the rake is way to much for sporting riding. It is what it is, a slow cruiser just as it was designed to be. You may be passing the Harley guys on the twisties but that ain't saying much. No bike is good at every thing, some are hot rods, others are tour bikes and most are cruisers, it's all good.

While you do make somewhat of a valid point about the BA/SM's raked-out front ends not being conducive to the sharpest of handling, Dennis, as Alan just pretty much said here, throwing around a 575lb machine in the twisties IS and always will be a hell of a lot easier a task than doing the same on an 800+lb big twin Harley or any other large cruiser.

--------------------

tinmantwo
Adjunct

Reged: 01/12/14
Loc: Michigan, Macomb Co.
      #663389 - 12/27/16 02:51 AM

Anything is possible, I've read that the fastest bike on the Tail of the Dragon is a Gold Wing owned by a local. Kind of hard to believe but I read it on the internet so it must be true.

--------------------
Tin Man 2

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 27453

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage