BonnevilleAmerica.com | Forums Home | Photopost Archive | AUP | Disclaimer

General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)
findlay13
Loquacious

Reged: 06/25/09
Loc: Australia
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Alatamoc]
      #663429 - 12/28/16 03:03 PM

Quote:

Group rides...
Someone is late...
Someone needs fuel....
Someone rides too close/ far away
Someone wants a coffee/smoke/ bladder empty...
I have two friends I ride with..we know how fast to go..
We know when we need fuel...
We like to ride far before we stop.
It works.

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
outerbanks
Adjunct

Reged: 11/27/11
Loc: Virginia Beach
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Dwight]
      #663442 - 12/28/16 04:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

....In the real world on the road there is value to riding a big old comfortable cruiser rolling 65mph at only 2400 rpm all day that looks cool and has outstanding fit, finish, paint and chrome with a dealer in every town to take care of you.

Yep OB, but doesn't this all depend upon what KIND of "real world road" you're talkin' about here?!

I mean sure, I gotta admit whenever I'm passin' one or often a bunch of those H-Ds riders on some TWISTY mountain road around here in northern Arizona while ridin' my BA, I DO occasionally think to myself how "comfortable" those fellas look on their big "cool" lumbering machines, alright.

And of course as I come up on 'em and before passing 'em, I ALSO tend to notice they often wouldn't know the proper line to take through a curvy stretch of road if their lives depended upon it...and if ya THINK about this, one's life CAN "depend" upon knowing such a thing, ya know.

Yep, I can't tell ya how many times I've seen those "comfortable" and "cool" riders takin' an early apex into a turn, and then watch as they "go wide" and wallow over and across the double yellow at even MODERATE speeds. Why, it's almost as if they really don't know how to ride a motorcycle or somethin'?! Well, other than maybe "cruising" down some straight boring road, anyway.

And which of course always seems kind'a strange to me, 'cause as I pass 'em on those twisty roads, they in general appear not ONLY to be very "comfortable" and "cool", but ALSO tend to look about the same age I am and thus MUST have been ridin' motorcycles almost as long as I have.

(...that would be comin' up on 50 years now, btw)

Oh I see, so in your opinion since I ride a Harley Davidson my skills are lacking. You know that someone isn't a capable rider just by the brand of bike they have. So I've been riding all my life and when I rode a Triumph I was a good rider but now because I have a Harley Davidson you would judge me incompetent. Brilliant.

Gotta say here OB, that your jumping to the FALSE conclusion that I somehow called YOU a lousy rider is less than "brilliant" ITSELF, dude!

Nope, read that reply of mine to you again, and then you might see that it ACTUALLY contains more the thought which Kevin expressed after I posted it, and which included the idea that because there are a lot of lousy riders out there riding motorcycles of every brand, AND because H-Ds seem to be so predominate on the road, THUS it would give people such as myself the impression that there are more lousy riders riding H-Ds than any other brand.

(...trust me here, kid...in those 50 years of riding I told you about, I also occasionally have noticed riders on big "comfortable" and "cool looking" H-Ds who seem to know how to ride 'em on more challenging roads too, and who don't seem as if leaning their big "comfortable" and "cool looking" machines over at a little speed is beyond their skill level, and who seem to know the right line to take into and out of those curves...and from how you seemed to get your nose out of joint by misreading what I said, perhaps YOU are one of those...the seemingly rare H-D owner who actually KNOWS how to ride motorcycles with some proficiency, and DIDN'T just purchase one because "it's the cool thing to do" and/or so you could indulge yourself into that "cool" little H-D "culture" thing they have goin' on!)

Talking to you is like talking to my mother-in-law you make a point...BUT carefully word it so if someone calls you out about it you have an exit strategy at which time you spin the blame on them for "misunderstanding" what you meant. Well played. I could introduce you to her, y'all would either kill each other or fall in love.

Let me give you an example of the value that I'm talking about. Summer 2014 we left with a group of friends from Virginia Beach on a short trip to an event called Mountainfest in Morgantown West Virginia there were about 12 bikes in the group. With fuel stops and taking our time about 8 hours of straight riding but it started raining hard an hour after we left and kept it up the whole way, we also ran into heavy fog in the mountains. Exhausted and soaked when we arrived at Morgantown my wife hit sand in a low speed turn and had her first crash in many years of riding. Her Sportster went down on the left side hard but the only real damage was the shifter was bent back across the peg and jammed. We called the local Harley Davidson Dealer Triple-S in Morgantown. They quickly sent a truck to pick up her bike no tow charge. We got to the dealership who was very busy hosting activities for Mountainfest late in the afternoon, nevertheless they pushed her bike directly into the shop and started working on it immediately. They replaced the bent shifter but the linkage was jammed inside the case. they said check back in the morning they knew we were from out of town and were going to do what they could. My wife was very down as we rode on my bike to the motel. The next morning I rode to the dealership alone just to see if there was any hope. To my surprise the tech had come in early to work on her bike, had the case apart the linkage fixed and was test riding it when I got there! I rode back and got my wife by the time we got back to the dealership about 10am they were drying it off after a thorough cleaning. I was stunned by this level of customer service, they saved the trip. In my opinion this would not have been possible on any other brand of motorcycle. I believe the nearest Triumph dealer for example was 3 hours from that location and I doubt they would have had the necessary parts in stock and it would be hard to match the positive attitude and service we received. So if that's part of what you sarcastically call "cool" I'll take it.

--------------------
2011 Triumph America (10/2011 to 07/2014)
2012 Harley Davidson 1200C Sportster
2014 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide

Bedouin
Loquacious

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Athens, Greece.
      #663444 - 12/28/16 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

....In the real world on the road there is value to riding a big old comfortable cruiser rolling 65mph at only 2400 rpm all day that looks cool and has outstanding fit, finish, paint and chrome with a dealer in every town to take care of you.

Yep OB, but doesn't this all depend upon what KIND of "real world road" you're talkin' about here?!

I mean sure, I gotta admit whenever I'm passin' one or often a bunch of those H-Ds riders on some TWISTY mountain road around here in northern Arizona while ridin' my BA, I DO occasionally think to myself how "comfortable" those fellas look on their big "cool" lumbering machines, alright.

And of course as I come up on 'em and before passing 'em, I ALSO tend to notice they often wouldn't know the proper line to take through a curvy stretch of road if their lives depended upon it...and if ya THINK about this, one's life CAN "depend" upon knowing such a thing, ya know.

Yep, I can't tell ya how many times I've seen those "comfortable" and "cool" riders takin' an early apex into a turn, and then watch as they "go wide" and wallow over and across the double yellow at even MODERATE speeds. Why, it's almost as if they really don't know how to ride a motorcycle or somethin'?! Well, other than maybe "cruising" down some straight boring road, anyway.

And which of course always seems kind'a strange to me, 'cause as I pass 'em on those twisty roads, they in general appear not ONLY to be very "comfortable" and "cool", but ALSO tend to look about the same age I am and thus MUST have been ridin' motorcycles almost as long as I have.

(...that would be comin' up on 50 years now, btw)

Oh I see, so in your opinion since I ride a Harley Davidson my skills are lacking. You know that someone isn't a capable rider just by the brand of bike they have. So I've been riding all my life and when I rode a Triumph I was a good rider but now because I have a Harley Davidson you would judge me incompetent. Brilliant.

Gotta say here OB, that your jumping to the FALSE conclusion that I somehow called YOU a lousy rider is less than "brilliant" ITSELF, dude!

Nope, read that reply of mine to you again, and then you might see that it ACTUALLY contains more the thought which Kevin expressed after I posted it, and which included the idea that because there are a lot of lousy riders out there riding motorcycles of every brand, AND because H-Ds seem to be so predominate on the road, THUS it would give people such as myself the impression that there are more lousy riders riding H-Ds than any other brand.

(...trust me here, kid...in those 50 years of riding I told you about, I also occasionally have noticed riders on big "comfortable" and "cool looking" H-Ds who seem to know how to ride 'em on more challenging roads too, and who don't seem as if leaning their big "comfortable" and "cool looking" machines over at a little speed is beyond their skill level, and who seem to know the right line to take into and out of those curves...and from how you seemed to get your nose out of joint by misreading what I said, perhaps YOU are one of those...the seemingly rare H-D owner who actually KNOWS how to ride motorcycles with some proficiency, and DIDN'T just purchase one because "it's the cool thing to do" and/or so you could indulge yourself into that "cool" little H-D "culture" thing they have goin' on!)

Don't waste your time explaining yourself to this dude, Dwight.
Riding-wise you are in a class of a very few. I am sure others here who know will agree.
I have personal experience.

--------------------
Bedouin.
Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).

Speedmaster05
Loquacious

Reged: 04/23/06
Loc: NJ USA
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: findlay13]
      #663457 - 12/29/16 02:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Group rides...
Someone is late...
Someone needs fuel....
Someone rides too close/ far away
Someone wants a coffee/smoke/ bladder empty...
I have two friends I ride with..we know how fast to go..
We know when we need fuel...
We like to ride far before we stop.
It works.

Agreed.

An even bigger problem on group rides is that people crash and/or drop their bikes. We've seen everything from minor low-speed drops to life-threatening accidents. A couple of months back a buddy of mine organized a large group ride where one very reckless rider died. That's hard to get out of your head.

Ride safe guys.

--------------------
Kevin - Luceo Non Uro

tinmantwo
Adjunct

Reged: 01/12/14
Loc: Michigan, Macomb Co.
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Speedmaster05]
      #663461 - 12/29/16 04:36 AM

Mr. Outerbanks, I for one read your post and could not agree more. I have had nothing but good service from my local H>D> dealer. We need more Triumph dealers who carry more inventory but hopefully that will come in time.

--------------------
Tin Man 2

PES
Bar Shake

Loc: Tulsa,OK, USA
      #663465 - 12/29/16 07:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

twhen riding in a group it is common to ride a bit slower so that all can enjoy the ride

. You obviously have never been to a BA.com rally.

Although Paul, you have to admit when riding in a group, and even a group primarily riding Triumphs, by the sheer safety necessities of having to ride at a pace commiserate to those in the group with the least riding skills and experience, is always a must.

Hell Dwight when I go to a rally with some of the regular ba.com rally boys and girls most of the time I just try to keep up and hope for the best. They don't adjust for anything except how fast they can make the next curve. Of course I'm not going to mention any names.

--------------------
"Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary" Author unknown

BillyIndiana
3/4 Throttle

Reged: 09/29/15
Loc: Lafayette, Indiana USA
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: PES]
      #663468 - 12/29/16 09:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

twhen riding in a group it is common to ride a bit slower so that all can enjoy the ride

Although Paul, you have to admit when riding in a group, and even a group primarily riding Triumphs, by the sheer safety necessities of having to ride at a pace commiserate to those in the group with the least riding skills and experience, is always a must.

Hell Dwight when I go to a rally with some of the regular ba.com rally boys and girls most of the time I just try to keep up and hope for the best. They don't adjust for anything except how fast they can make the next curve. Of course I'm not going to mention any names.

Seems like I was the one bringing up the rear in Kentucky this last year Paul.

--------------------
Road Rash Heals. Freckles Grow Back. Ride

outerbanks
Adjunct

Reged: 11/27/11
Loc: Virginia Beach
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: tinmantwo]
      #663485 - 12/29/16 05:34 PM

Thank you Mr. Tinmantwo the outstanding service from Triple-S Harley Davidson was even more impressive considering my wife and I did not buy our bikes there, had never been there before and since we were from out of state were unlikely to return.

There have been other excellent dealer experiences. The night I took delivery of my new 2014 Harley Davidson From Southside here in Virginia there was an intense thunderstorm that knocked out the power for blocks. I said well I guess I'll get off work early again tomorrow and come back to get the bike. The manager asked if I wanted to finish the deal then, I said how? With no power for the computers they hand wrote every document by flashlight and stayed open after normal hours to get everything done.

If I get another new Triumph it will be from only one dealer Ray Price Triumph in Raleigh North Carolina. I bought my TBA from them and they were so good I went back and custom ordered my wife's 2012 Sportster from them. Ray Price is rare because they sell both Triumph and Harley Davidson from the same connecting showroom. Their Triumph side has the same high end appearance and extensive inventory as the Harley side.

--------------------
2011 Triumph America (10/2011 to 07/2014)
2012 Harley Davidson 1200C Sportster
2014 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide

PES
Bar Shake

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: BillyIndiana]
      #663502 - 12/30/16 09:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seems like I was the one bringing up the rear in Kentucky this last year Paul.

Not anymore Billy. You could be right up there with Charlie w your new R-3T next rally.

--------------------
"Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary" Author unknown

PES
Bar Shake

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: mikemm03]
      #663524 - 12/31/16 05:33 PM

Quote:

Gentlemen, and ladies. I believe the chances of a new Speedy or America are very slim. A 1200/900 Speedy would kill sales of the Bobber. Here's a video some may enjoy, some may not.

Bob

My son got a new Speed Triple today. While at the dealer this afternoon of course I asked about the Speedy and America. This sales guy said they are doing a complete makeover of them and they won't be out until 2018 or '19. Just thought I'd add another rumor to the mill.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 27454

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage