BonnevilleAmerica.com | Forums Home | Photopost Archive | AUP | Disclaimer

General Motorcycle Forums >> Other Bikes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)
B02S4
Oil Expert

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: USA
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: tinmantwo]
      #661812 - 10/22/16 07:44 PM

I like it...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ANGELIS745
Learned Hand

Reged: 01/18/05
Loc: BROKEN ARROW
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: B02S4]
      #661813 - 10/22/16 08:49 PM

Triumph should have contacted Zero Engineering for the frame and tank. Their frame looks more like a hard tail with a some rake to it. Even though its a hidden softail, it rides pretty comfy.

--------------------
1200CC BIG BORE, W/WISECO PISTONS,.250 STROKED CRANK, PORTED/POLISHED HEADS AND LARGER VALVES, CUSTOM WELDED EXHUAST, DUAL 42MM MIKUNI CARBS.

Edited by angelis745 (10/22/16 09:01 PM)

findlay13
Loquacious

Reged: 06/25/09
Loc: Australia
      #661814 - 10/22/16 11:54 PM

Quote:

Yeah, Bobber's are the next big thing for the Hip Set. Personally I dislike the big space between the seat and fender, but I guess I'm just too old for tricks like that. I also dislike the tank lifts guys do trying to look like choppers. I must be getting old and Grumpy.

I'm old annd grumpy too.I think a lot of us are getting that way

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Bedouin
Loquacious

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Athens, Greece.
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Funkletrumpet]
      #661879 - 10/27/16 09:06 PM

Quote:

Maybe waiting to see interest. If there are loads of "I want one whatever the cost" then they can put a few hundred on the price.
If take up is slow then drop it by a couple of hundred

That's what I also think they are doing.

I like it a lot.
The only downside I can see for my own purposes is the tank is too small for long distances, I am wondering if one could mod an old speedy/america tank for it. I have 5 or 6 sitting around which I collected almost a decade ago.

--------------------
Bedouin.
Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).

Bedouin
Loquacious

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Athens, Greece.
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: oldroadie]
      #661880 - 10/27/16 09:07 PM

Quote:

I like it. It has the classic rear triangle and a fine line from the rear axle to the neck. Very nice.

+1.

--------------------
Bedouin.
Blessed are those eyes that have seen more roads than any man! (Homer).

satxron
Monkey Butt

Reged: 01/16/06
Loc: TX
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Bedouin]
      #661883 - 10/28/16 08:07 AM

I think the hipsters will buy it. The majority of folks are 1 up riders but there is something about giving up the passenger by design I don't like. I just don't like that seat flying up in the air. Other than that it has Speed Twin DNA.

Victory makes a kinda bobber that seems to sell ok. There is a market for them.

--------------------
I try to aggravate one person a day. Today may be your day.

The_Dog33
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/01/07
Loc: NE PA USA
      #661885 - 10/28/16 08:36 AM

Quote:

Yeah, Bobber's are the next big thing for the Hip Set. Personally I dislike the big space between the seat and fender, but I guess I'm just too old for tricks like that. I also dislike the tank lifts guys do trying to look like choppers. I must be getting old and Grumpy.

Nah, BMW has been doing that for a very long time. My 64 R50 has a seat like that, the pivot is under the tank with a support post just behind that and the seat is mounted to a leaf spring.

--------------------
I learned all I need to know about life by killing smart people and eating their brains.
Eat right ,Exercise ,Stay fit, Die Anyway!
some shots of our bikes

findlay13
Loquacious

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: satxron]
      #661889 - 10/28/16 03:37 PM

Quote:

I think the hipsters will buy it. The majority of folks are 1 up riders but there is something about giving up the passenger by design I don't like. I just don't like that seat flying up in the air. Other than that it has Speed Twin DNA.

Victory makes a kinda bobber that seems to sell ok. There is a market for them.

I agree.I ride solo, but there's something somehow just not quite right with the inability to take a passenger if need be and the extra difficulty of taking anything along.Maybe Triumph has some accessories to remedy those things,we'll see, but IMO it shouldn't cost more money to do those basic things.

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Funkletrumpet
Loquacious

Reged: 06/27/07
Loc: Northamptonshire, England
Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: findlay13]
      #661898 - 10/29/16 04:10 AM

Quote:

... but there's something somehow just not quite right with the inability to take a passenger if need be and the extra difficulty of taking anything along.

I think the point is being missed.
It's a cool bike for cool people who go out for a ride with cash in one pocket and ciggies in the other.
That's it.
If space is needed for a pillion (or even the hint of one!) or luggage to carry waterproofs or spare gloves and a bike chain - it's not the bike for you.
Pretty young things will be riding in some sun kissed locale stopping only to refuel and grab a frothyskinnychoccymocha-something-or-other with their equally good looking friends.
More power to their elbow I say

We can't bemoan not having provision for a cup holder and an adequate mounting point for a towbar because one day we might want to take a tasty beverage or fit a trailer.
It is what it is.
Like I said before, a frame mounted man bag for spare earplugs, a mobile and glasses is probably all they'll need. I had one on a Fat Boy and it was ok.

I'm looking forward to seeing one.

findlay13
Loquacious

Re: 'Brutal Beauty' bobber [Re: Funkletrumpet]
      #661899 - 10/29/16 04:40 AM

I see your point and I know what you mean.I know it's not supposed to be an electra glide. I only have a solo seat on my bike,and most of the time I just ride out for the day,but if I want to do an overnight trip or a few days away I can put the factory provided pillion seat on or the accessory rear rack and tie stuff to that.
Whereas the bobber can't.No doubt it will have some provision such as a bag or small rack in their accessories.Actually a tank bag or back pack would do.There's always ways and means.
I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh too.

--------------------
Dinosaur.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 27454

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage