SMJoe
Loquacious

Reged: 11/19/09
Loc: Ottawa, ON
Re: This is a stupid law [Re: Dwight]
      #676068 - 10/17/18 08:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys I am not interested in slamming the Sikhs the turban and rolled up beard are ID enough I just dont get why they are given special treatment under a law concerning safety or why they would want to ride around without a helmet in a land where its the law for everyone to wear a helmet and we all know how some drivers get when they see someone on a motorcycle breaking the law. ie. lane splitting (let alone the predijuices some people have)

Well, like I said earlier Paul, what I don't understand is why any motorcyclist would choose to live where they can't ride all year long without freezin' their butt off half the year if they did, and so why a Sikh, or for THAT matter ANYONE regardless of their race, creed or RELIGION wouldn't consider moving to one of the states in the good ol' U.S. of A., and specifically to some WARM weather state where people can LEGALLY ride their motorcycles IF they're dumb enough to ride one withOUT a helmet on their head. Uh-huh, like Arizona for instance! And HEY, I'm pretty sure those yahoos down in Texas haven't got a mandatory helmet law EITHER!

(...sooooo, is THAT a little more "ecumenical" for ya here, ol' boy?!...SEE?! I didn't make fun of anyone's RELIGION here, now did I?!...NOOOO, I just made fun of where some people choose to LIVE, that's all...well okay, and those that don't wear a freakin' helmet when they hop on their motorcycles!)

Six months minus a day is the limit for us Cannucks in US that would get us through most of the non riding season here. My turban already has carbon fibre in it.

Edited by SMJoe (10/17/18 08:25 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Re: This is a stupid law [Re: SMJoe]
      #676069 - 10/17/18 10:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys I am not interested in slamming the Sikhs the turban and rolled up beard are ID enough I just dont get why they are given special treatment under a law concerning safety or why they would want to ride around without a helmet in a land where its the law for everyone to wear a helmet and we all know how some drivers get when they see someone on a motorcycle breaking the law. ie. lane splitting (let alone the predijuices some people have)

Well, like I said earlier Paul, what I don't understand is why any motorcyclist would choose to live where they can't ride all year long without freezin' their butt off half the year if they did, and so why a Sikh, or for THAT matter ANYONE regardless of their race, creed or RELIGION wouldn't consider moving to one of the states in the good ol' U.S. of A., and specifically to some WARM weather state where people can LEGALLY ride their motorcycles IF they're dumb enough to ride one withOUT a helmet on their head. Uh-huh, like Arizona for instance! And HEY, I'm pretty sure those yahoos down in Texas haven't got a mandatory helmet law EITHER!

(...sooooo, is THAT a little more "ecumenical" for ya here, ol' boy?!...SEE?! I didn't make fun of anyone's RELIGION here, now did I?!...NOOOO, I just made fun of where some people choose to LIVE, that's all...well okay, and those that don't wear a freakin' helmet when they hop on their motorcycles!)

Six months minus a day is the limit for us Cannucks in US that would get us through most of the non riding season here. My turban already has carbon fibre in it.

Well, I HOPE you know that we AMERICANS(and where some of us live in more temperate climes) spell the "fiber" in the CORRECT manner, sir!!!

Uh-huh, just like it's pronounced. I mean, do even you Canadians pronounce that word as "FI-bre"? NOOOOO, of course you don't. Heck, even you Canadians pronounce it "FI-ber", now don't YOU?!

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

SMJoe
Loquacious

Reged: 11/19/09
Loc: Ottawa, ON
Re: This is a stupid law [Re: Dwight]
      #676070 - 10/18/18 04:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I HOPE you know that we AMERICANS(and where some of us live in more temperate climes) spell the "fiber" in the CORRECT manner, sir!!!

Uh-huh, just like it's pronounced. I mean, do even you Canadians pronounce that word as "FI-bre"? NOOOOO, of course you don't. Heck, even you Canadians pronounce it "FI-ber", now don't YOU?!

We tend to reserve the spelling Fiber for the stuff that keeps one regular everything else is Fibre.

Heck, blame it on Les Francois

Gregger
Loquacious

Reged: 04/07/07
Loc: Timmins, Ontario
Re: This is a stupid law [Re: SMJoe]
      #677664 - 05/03/19 06:39 PM

At least Dwight isn't bugging you about the superfluous "U".

--------------------
12 Rocket Roadster
03 Bonneville America
69 BSA Firebird Scrambler
73 Yamaha TX 750

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, freedom 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2736

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage