BonnevilleAmerica.com | Forums Home | Photopost Archive | Disclaimer

Technical Forums >> General Tech

Pages: 1
Haddon1

Reged: 09/24/13
Loc: Mi USA
Carbed America cutting Out
      #679531 - 10/21/19 10:41 AM

Hi Everybody -I was having weak spark and intermittent cutting out of the engine stopping going down the road on my 06 America. This was what I found. In the female lead block going directly into computer igniter box - the little silver connectors inside the female part of harness connector were loose. So I pulled each one out with a releasing tool I made. Inside each tiny female connector there are tiny little taps that touch slide onto the male part when you put them together. Most of mine (tabs) were not bent down enough (around 10 of them) . With tool I pulled each one out -bent tabs down to make connections tighter. All ignition problems solved. Found this problem on original harness and same problem on after market connector wire bundle for new ignitor I purchased. Before chasing other components check here first(save yourself a lot of time and money) - PM me if wanna see small tool that releases each female wire connector inside of harness block. Ride safe.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gregger
Loquacious

Reged: 04/07/07
Loc: Timmins, Ontario
Re: Carbed America cutting Out [Re: Haddon1]
      #679564 - 10/29/19 05:57 PM

So what you are saying is that the retainer tabs for the female connectors weren't holding said connectors when you mated the harness to the ECM. I guess the female connectors were being pushed out of the plastic holder when connection was made. Glad you found the problem and shared it with us.

--------------------
12 Rocket Roadster
03 Bonneville America
69 BSA Firebird Scrambler
73 Yamaha TX 750

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  chy, mert, bennybmn 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 439

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage