Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
B02S4
Oil Expert

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: USA
2016 H-D Roadster
      #658213 - 05/15/16 01:43 PM

I tested this yesterday:

I liked it. That said, the 2016 T120 does everything the Roadster does, & does it better.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
findlay13
Loquacious

Reged: 06/25/09
Loc: Australia
Re: 2016 H-D Roadster [Re: B02S4]
      #658388 - 05/23/16 06:24 PM

looks nice.I think it maybe Harleys attempt to steal some of the 120s thunder

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"Don't let the bastards get you down". Kris Kristofferson

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Re: 2016 H-D Roadster [Re: findlay13]
      #658389 - 05/23/16 07:32 PM

Motorcyclist magazine did a comparo test this month between this Harley Roadster, the Star Bolt C-Spec, the new Victory Octane(pretty much just a re-badged Indian Scout) and the Triumph STREET TWIN(not EVEN the new T-120), in a cover story titled "New Old Stock".

And guess WHAT, Paul?! Even the "little" Street Twin was their overall favorite over all these over machines, and this was with the Triumph giving away in some cases over 300cc's in displacement, and such as against the Harley.

(...and so, can you imagine how much more they would've liked the T-120 over all these competitors?)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

B02S4
Oil Expert

Re: 2016 H-D Roadster [Re: Dwight]
      #658390 - 05/23/16 07:41 PM

Quote:

(...and so, can you imagine how much more they would've liked the T-120 over all these competitors?)

No doubt; I know that I did.

I tested the Bolt when it first came out, & I don't consider it in the same league.

I will say that I liked the H-D Roadster more than I thought that I would.

The T-120 is very much a rider's bike. It really impressed me.

I was kinda bored with the Street Twin, & didn't like nearly as much as I though that I would...

Dwight
Fe Butt

Reged: 02/03/05
Loc: Sedona, Arizona
      #658392 - 05/23/16 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt; I know that I did.

I tested the Bolt when it first came out, & I don't consider it in the same league.

I will say that I liked the H-D Roadster more than I thought that I would.

The T-120 is very much a rider's bike. It really impressed me.

I was kinda bored with the Street Twin, & didn't like nearly as much as I though that I would...

I know what you mean, Ken.

I went to the Phoenix (traveling Progressive Insurance) Motorcycle show this past January and was really disappointed. Disappointed that first, there were only three 2016 Triumphs of all models and with the only new Triumph water-cooled Twin there being the little Speed Twin and which I found "nice" looking but pretty much a bare-bones Entry Level machine, but also it seemed this year's show was as small in overall content than any I could remember.

I was really hoping to see the new Bonnies and Thruxtons, and just as my buddy in L.A. did just a month earlier at the Los Angeles edition of this traveling show.

(...the new T-120 impressed him so much at that show that be purchased one about a month and a half ago...and LOVES it!)

--------------------
Yep! Just like a good Single Malt Scotch, you might call me "an acquired taste" TOO.(among the many OTHER things you may care to call me, of course)

findlay13
Loquacious

#658394 - 05/23/16 11:35 PM

Now just make a 120 engine cruiser that I can get to the controls of with my bum leg and I'll be a happy man

--------------------
Dinosaur.

"Oh Man I only ride 'em.I don't know what makes 'em work". Donald "Oddball" Sutherland

"I am only paranoid because everyone is against me". Larry [Frank Burns] Linville

B02S4
Oil Expert

Re: 2016 H-D Roadster [Re: findlay13]
      #658395 - 05/24/16 07:20 AM

Quote:

Now just make a 120 engine cruiser that I can get to the controls of with my bum leg and I'll be a happy man

I found the T120 to be surprisingly comfortable.

Hermit
Loquacious

Reged: 01/28/07
Loc: Cowford, FL
      #658403 - 05/24/16 04:17 PM

Quote:

Motorcyclist magazine did a comparo test this month between this Harley Roadster, the Star Bolt C-Spec, the new Victory Octane(pretty much just a re-badged Indian Scout) and the Triumph STREET TWIN(not EVEN the new T-120), in a cover story titled "New Old Stock".

I liked a couple of lines in that review:

"It's stripped down as though a twentysomething has already owned it for a year." And the one that really caught my attention; "Fire up the engine and be astonished at how deliciously loud it is, thumping nonchalantly at idle only to snarl away from stoplights enough to leave the Forty-Eight rider embarrassed and in the dust."

So did Triumph finally sever their long-term relationship with Singer?

findlay13
Loquacious

#658405 - 05/24/16 05:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I found the T120 to be surprisingly comfortable.

No doubt it would be.I can reach the controls of the 120 [just] but not the street twin.Unfortunately I can't use standard mid-mount pegs/controls ATM.I could if I had the steel replacement knee done I expect.

--------------------
Dinosaur.

B02S4
Oil Expert

Re: 2016 H-D Roadster [Re: Hermit]
      #658407 - 05/24/16 05:35 PM

Quote:

...So did Triumph finally sever their long-term relationship with Singer?...

Yes, they did! The Street Twin has one of the better sounding OEM silencers available. The T120 sounds pretty good also. Whoda thought?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bennybmn, mert, chy 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2939

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement BonnevilleAmerica.com Homepage